Wow! What a year! Well, hello from my new home in Indianapolis! Bob and I have seen a ton of growth in listeners and podcast participants, we've seen another year of success on our Discord, and we've met a ton of new people.
A few of the cool things that we've seen and experienced so far (this isn't exhaustive, and I know I'll forget stuff):
- We've seen our podcast, "25 Years of Vampire: the Masquerade - a Retrospective," grow in size tremendously in the last year. We have over 100 Patreon backers, over 25,000 RSS subscribers and more than 200 members on our Discord! For some people, that's nothing. But for a little podcast about V:tM, we think that's huge! We've really been blown away by how engaged the community seems to be and we've met so many great, creative, kind and awesome people since we started this 2 years ago!
- Everyone has moved away! Yes, that's right, we are all in different locations now. After nearly 10 years in the same old apartment in the Chicago suburbs, the Labs have taken up new residency. Nathan now represents the Eastern faction of UML in Indianapolis, with Bob keeping his roots in Chicagoland! We make it work through the power of the internet!
- Nerd Words has had its 3rd birthday! Yes, the podcast that started the whole deal is still going strong, mostly because we're unwilling to give up! It continues to grow and draw interest, and it will be around for a good, long time!
- Gen Con 2018 and the UML meet-up! We finally got it together and had our own fan meet and greet at Gen Con 2018! A bunch of our listeners came out to show support, play some rock-paper-scissors and win some cool prizes. Folks from California, New Jersey and even Belgium came to hang out and get nerdy! Pictures will be included below.
- We are swiftly approaching the finale of 25 Years of V:tM, but that DOESN'T mean we're done with the podcast! We will need to change the name, but we'll still be your regular Nate and Bob! Coming early 2019, Dark Ages Vampire! We can't wait to explore all the history of Vampire: the Masquerade and the origins of the Camarilla and the Sabbat!
- Speaking of those two august sects, V5 is out and for sale! Man, we didn't even remotely think that we'd get to see our favorite game have the sort of revival it has, let alone, we'd get to be there when a brand new edition launched! It's been awesome to experience! Check out our V5 review on Youtube or here on the site!
- Nathan is working as a broadcasting professional. This is all we are at liberty to discuss.
- We've started a brand new podcast, "Playing Hooky Podcast," with our newest Labs technician, Rachel. As a full-time nerd, she is highly qualified to lead the PHP team to success.
- We've had the opportunity to meet a ton of great artists, writers, storytellers, podcasters and gaming industry professionals over the last year. It's been incredible to make new friends, interview and just chat with some cool people like Matt Webb and his awesome team over at JackalopeLARP, Chad Parish from Dead Games Society (I love playing a Prince at a D&D convention and I'd do it again in a second!), Dixie Cyanide and Mathew Dawkins (who has gone so far as to actually call us entertaining!) from Onyx Path Publishing, Jason Carl and Dhaunae De Vir from White Wolf, Conan from Voluta Tattoo, and so, so very many other people from all over the world!
- Speaking of Jackalope LARP, we will be heading to their Blockbuster LARP, The Night in Question, in November. Nathan will be getting on an airplane for the first time. Shut up.
Here's to another year of gaming, growth, podcasts, art and friendship with all of you cool people! We've had an awesome year so far and it's all because of you! Keep you eyes open for more new stuff, interviews, podcasts and adventure in 2018, 2019, and beyond!
Check out some of our pictures from Gen Con 2018 Below!